Behavioral Based Safety (BBS) has fast become an established technique and weapon in the war on workplace accidents, as its use has greatly improved dramatically sliced through accident plateau, something that hitherto could only be dreamed of. A vast body of scientific research testifies to the effectiveness of Behavioral Based Safety initiatives across a wide range of industries in many nations. Many companies, for example, have experienced dramatic fall in their accident rates within the first six to twelve months of using Behavioral Based Safety approach.
Given that about 96% of all workplace accidents are triggered by unsafe behavior, most will be aware that reducing accidents and improving safety performance can only be achieved by systematically focusing upon those unsafe behaviors in the workplace. This course will guide participants on learning BBS Concepts, Observation and Feedback processes and implementation of BBS in an organization. The implementation of this program will help in reducing incidents/ accidents.
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- understand the concept of Behavioural Based Safety (BBS);
- list importance of Safety Culture;
- identify the Basis of BBS; and
- implement BBS program.
- Course Introduction
- What is Bahavioural safety?
- Why focus on Bahavioural safety?
- Why do the people behave the way they do?
- Bahavioural Based Safety (BBS) principles
- Core elements of BBS program
- Advantages of BBS
- Safety culture- Total culture and different safety cultures
- Different approaches to managing behaviour- Employee driven (Bottom up approach), Management driven (Top down approach), Collective approach (Holistic approach
|7 Unity Close, Unity Estate Off Segun Kujore Off CMD Shangisha Mangodo
||May 13 - 14 May, 2019
Registration: 08:00:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Lucky Oderhohwo 08028427429
Lucky Oderhohwo and Others