The workshops will help participants gain an understanding of the principles and main provisions of employment law and provide practical advice in applying the law.
- The legal framework
- Contracts of employment (including part-time, fixed-term contracts)
- A concise guide to individual employment rights
- Discipline, dismissals and grievances - case studies
- The law on unfair dismissal
- Redundancy and reorganizations
- The law on discrimination - principles and practice (including: sex, race, sexual orientation, religion/belief and age discrimination)
- Equal pay
- Equality and diversity in the workplace
- Disability discrimination
- What's new in employment law - the latest developments including Brexit
- Trade union and collective issues
- Review of relevant legal landscape
- Discussion of developing effective documentation
- Consideration of employee selection issues
- Understanding of ways to maintain and encourage a professional workplace environment including prevention and management of complaints of unlawful workplace discrimination, harassment, and bullying
- Conversation of effective performance management including performance appraisal and corrective action/coaching/discipline
- Effective management of employee leaves of absence
- Discussion of miscellaneous employment law issues as appropriate to the audience
FOR WHOM: Hr team members and legal officers whom perform related functions
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Feb 05 - 08 Feb, 2019
|NGN 160,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N160,000.00 (One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.