Information is power, and many organizations now recognize that strategic management of their internal (proprietary) information, often captured in the form of records, contributes to maintaining or creating competitive advantage, be they in the public, private or not for profit sector. Organizations therefore need records professionals who are empowered with the requisite knowledge, skills and attitudes needed to support good record management practices in the workplace.
After completion of the course, participants should be able to:
- Prepare a policy on records management.
- Describe the main concepts and principles of records management
- Effectively operate registries.
- Manage Mail effectively and efficiently
- Prepare and implement a records classification and indexing scheme.
- Prepare and implement a records retention/disposal scheme
- Demonstrate ability and skills to review records management policy, systems, procedures and practices
- Plan and carry out records survey and proper document tracking analysis
- Plan and carry out records appraisal
- Process records in a records centre
- Manage electronic records
- Store and retrieve electronic records;
- Digital preservation techniques
- Introduction to records and information management concepts
- Methods of documentation tracking
- Laws and regulations governing public and private sector records
- Registry management
- View of type of records, e.g. health records, bank records etc.
- Filing and indexing
- Mail management
- Management of electronic records
- Storage and retrieval
- Records survey
- Records appraisal
- Retention and scheduling
- Disposition of records
- Record centre operations
- Policy formulation
- Security of records
Who should attend
Human resource assistants; project managers, program assistants, secretarial assistants; Health records technologists; record clerks in NGO, Public and Private organizations
- Interactive input and presentation
- Case Studies
- Discussions, Q&A (Question and Answer)
||Feb 11 - 13 Feb, 2020
|NGN 135,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
|USD 500.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee and Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Payment before two weeks to event date attracts 5% discount