Lending activities constitute the most prominent and primary source of earnings for lending/financial institutions as intermediaries in the financial market. Credit risk assets also pose the greatest danger to the survival or existence of any lending institution. It is therefore imperative that all lending officers and risk managers in the institution are equipped with the technical and analytical skills required to analyze credit risks (identify, quantify, mitigate, and manage risks).
This training and mentoring programme is comprehensively designed to strengthen the capacity of all participants to understand credit policy issues, appraise credit requests, analyze various credit risks, package and process loans, and effectively manage the bank’s loan portfolio in their assigned business areas.
It is also guaranteed to deepen and widen the skills and capabilities of participants to understand and analyze the inherent and imminent risks posed by activities or events or changes in the macro-economy (global, regional, and national), and the industry environment on borrowing firms; and hence, be better able to mitigate and manage such risks. Critical topics in environmental and business-specific analyses, loan structuring, financial ratios analysis, loan monitoring, among others would be clearly treated.
Participants would find this programme very useful for maintaining a healthy and high-performing risk asset portfolios for the bank under the current uncertainties.
- Bank Lending and the Related Risks
- Overview of Credit Risk Analysis
- Understanding Credit Policy Guides (With a Study Of The Bank’s Credit Policy Guide).
- Macroeconomic, Industry, and Business Specific Risks Analysis for Lenders
- Evaluating Management Capacity
- Analyzing Customer Banking Relationships
- Financial Risks Analysis – Cracking the Ratios.
- Working Capital Analysis
- Mastering Loan Structuring
- Loan Types and Appropriate Collateral Types.
- Credit Administration, Processing, and Disbursement
- Loan Monitoring and Post-Disbursement Tips
- Parting Shots!
Who Should Attend?
- Account/ Relationship Officers
- Credit Analysts and Administrators
- Credit Approval Officers
- Relationship Managers
- Business Leaders