The support provided by administrative officers is vital to an organization’s ability to achieve its goals and objectives. Today, most organizations expect administrative officers to have leadership and management skills in order to set their own administrative priorities. In addition, they are expected to have skills to manage all contacts, create, store and retrieve documents, plus a broad variety of other administrative skills. To do all of these successfully, administrative officers need to have strategic insight and be able to innovate better processes. At the same time, they must be tactical, process-oriented, and driven toward continuous improvement.
This course has been put together to give participants a wide range of skills to help them handle any work challenge with greater confidence and effectiveness.
- Applying skills and strategies to manage personal and professional change dynamics
- Managing roles, responsibilities, and delegation of tasks to meet organizational goals.
- Priority Setting and Time Management strategies in outlines.
- Incorporating emotional intelligence and effective listening in preparing others to be an effective colleague, partner and leader
- Managing conflict, office politics, and interactions with difficult people
- Negotiating to empower yourself and others to achieve goals.
Administrative Officers and those performing similar duties in other departments
|DACA Training Centre, 18B Bayo Ajayi Street, off Hakeem Balogun Street, Agidingbi, Ikeja.
||Mar 20 - 21 Mar, 2019
Registration: 09:00:am - 05:00:am
|NGN 100,000.00 + 5,000.00 (VAT)||(The workshop fee covers executive bag, customise materials, Tea/Coffee, Lunch, photographs and Certificate.)|
Mr Bayo Ayoade FCA, MCIPSN, FCTI 08051034040, 08093895445
20% for 3 or more participants from the same Organisation
Professional Facilitators in several Administrative fields