The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
By the end of this seminar, you will be able to:
- Preparation of annual and board meeting management
- Develop and practice skills in active listening and note-taking
- Develop and practice writing minutes in different styles – formal, informal and action
- Use reported speech correctly
- Prepare an agenda
- Recognize the importance of working closely with the Chair
- Key factors in the regulatory environment.
- Board meetings, workings and processes.
- Legislation affecting all companies.
- Taking Notes at the Meeting
- Director duties and responsibilities.
- Expectations of a director: disclosure, financial, tax and audit.
- Role and responsibilities of the Minute Taker
- Strategy for directors.
- The conventions of minutes and notes of meetings
- Being a director.
- The importance of preparing for the meeting
- Due diligence and considerations in accepting a directorship.
- Liabilities for breaching the duties imposed on directors..
- Directors’ and officers’ liability (D&O) insurance.
- An effective board.
- The key components of an effective board.
- Understanding key relationships: the board, the auditor, the company secretary, shareholders/owners, and management.
- Producing Minutes
- Distribution of the minutes
Legal Officers and others who perform related functions
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Sep 10 - 13 Sep, 2019
|NGN 160,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N160,000.00 (One Hundred and Sixy Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.