This intensive 5-day PetroKnowledge training course aims to provide those involved in analysing numerical data with the understanding and practical capabilities needed to convert data into information via appropriate analysis, and then to represent these results in ways that can be readily communicated to others in the organisation. Objectives include:
- To provide delegates with both an understanding and practical experience of a range of the more common analytical techniques and representation methods for numerical data.
- To give delegates the ability to recognize which types of analysis are best suited to particular types of problems.
- To give delegates sufficient background and theoretical knowledge to be able to judge when an applied technique will likely lead to incorrect conclusions.
- To provide delegates with a working vocabulary of analytical terms to enable them to converse with people who are experts in the areas of data analysis, statistics and probability, and to be able to read and comprehend common textbooks and journal articles in this field.
- To introduce some basic statistical methods and concepts.
- To explore the use of Excel 2010 or 2013 for data analysis and the capabilities of the Data Analysis Tool Pack.