GIS in WASH programmes integration helps in implementing target based interventions as it help creating model of complex environment in a simpler and easier way for you to understand the environment and make proper and informed decisions. Free open source GIS software for both desktop and web application is opening up possibilities for capturing and processing geographical data, and then publishing maps via the internet. The focus of water sanitation and hygiene (WASH) programmes is promoting good environmental and personal hygiene in order to improve and protect health.
Who should apply?
Public health, Environmentalist, M and E Experts, Program Manager, Civil Engineers, , Epidemiologists, Quantitative health geographers, Exposure scientists, Students and Risk assessors.
No knowledge of GIS is required. Participants will be working on their own laptop with Quantum GIS (QGIS)
By completing this course, participants will be able to:-
- Evaluate the spatial data requirements in Water Sanitation and Hygiene
- Use GIS and RS as a tool for monitoring WASH projects Activities
- Assess spatial data availability
- Understand the importance of Spatial Data Infrastructure (SDI) in WASH programs
- Use participatory GIS (PGIS) at community level
- Carry out water and sanitation modeling using GIS
- Collect data using Mobile data gathering tools
- Carry out basic data analysis using statistical software’s
- Design and implement their own GIS projects that integrate remote sensing data, GPS-based field information in a proper geospatial framework
- All our courses can be Tailor-made to participants needs
- The participant must be conversant with English
- Presentations are well guided, practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are expert with more than 10years of experience.
- Upon completion of training the participant will be issued with Foscore development center certificate (FDC-K)
- Training will be done at Foscore development center (FDC-K) center in Nairobi Kenya. We also offer more than five participants training at requested location within Kenya, more than ten participants within east Africa and more than twenty participant all over the world.
|Foscore Development Center, Nairobi Kenya
||Feb 04 - 08 Feb, 2019
Class Session: 08:30:am - 04:30:am
Jackson Munene +254 712260031
A discount of 10% to 50% for a group of more than two
Foscore Development Center