At the end of this training seminar, you will learn to:
- Understand the Finance and Accounting jargon
- Learn Costing and Budgeting Terminologies used in business
- Determine full costs of outputs for the goods and services provided
- Master traditional techniques and recent best practices
- Link Finance and Operation for Budgeting Purposes and Strategy Execution
- Learn How to Build a Comprehensive Performance Measurement System
Management and Financial Accounting: Key Concepts and Terminologies
- Identify the Major Differences and Similarities between Financial and Managerial Accounting
- Understand the Role of Management Accountants in an Organization
- Linking Strategy to Planning and Costing
- The Key Role of Budgeting and Cost Control in Contemporary Organizations
- Towards a Cross-Functional Process-View of the Organization
- Understand Your Processes: Integrating Financial and Non-financial Aspects
- Understanding the Financial Statements
- Video, Examples and Discussions
- What is Costing?
- Cost Concepts and Terminology
- Different Costs for Different Purposes
- Fixed vs. Variable Costs: The Cost-Volume-Profit Analysis Model
- Contribution Margin Analysis
- Manufacturing vs. Non-manufacturing Costs
- Period vs. Product costs: Inventory Evaluation and C
- Case Study
Traditional vs. Advanced Techniques in Cost-control
- Under-costing and Over-costing: The Consequences for Profitability
- How to refine a Costing System?
- Indirect vs. Direct Costs
- Traditional Cost Allocations Systems vs. Activity-Based Costing
- Cost Hierarchy and Cost Drivers
- Linking Resources, Activities and Management
- Introducing Activity-Based Budgeting and Management
- Video, Case Study and Examples
Budgeting: Flexible Budgets and Variance Analysis
- The Role of Budgeting
- Define the Master Budget and Explain Its Major Benefits to An Organization
- Describe the Difference between a Static Budget and a Flexible Budget
- Compute Flexible-budget Variances and Sales-volume Variances
- Discuss the Behavioral Implication of Budgeting
- The Budgeting Process in Your Organization: How to improve it?
- Which tools shall we use to complement Budgeting and Costing?
- Problems, Case Study and Exercises
Measuring Corporate Performance: The Balanced Scorecards and Six-Sigma
- Broadening Performance Measurement Systems
- The Key Role of Customer Satisfaction and Business Process Re-engineering
- Beyond Budgeting: Integrating Financial and Non-financial Issues
- Introducing the Balanced Scorecard
- The Key Perspectives
- Introducing the Strategy Maps
- Introducing Six-Sigma
- Video, Case Study and Examples
Accountants, Auditors, Senior and Middle Level Financial Managers, Treasurers, Controllers and Directors/Managers or Treasury Operators.
The training methodology combines lectures, discussions, group exercises and illustrations. Participants will gain both theoretical and practical knowledge of the topics. The emphasis is on the practical application of the topics and as a result participant will go back to the workplace with both the ability and the confidence to apply the techniques learned to their duties.
|Alpha Partners Professional Training Conference Centre. 200, Muritala Mohammed Way (3rd Floor), Yaba Lagos.
||Oct 26 - 28 Oct, 2020
|NGN 175,000.00||(The Workshop fee is N175,000.00 (One Hundred and Seventy Five Thousand Naira) only per participant to cover workshop literature and materials, executive bag, tea/coffee, lunch, photograph and certificate.)|
Chris Onwuasigwe, FCA – 08033045484 08033045484
5% discount for 3-5 participants and 10% discount for 6 and above number of participants from the same organization.
A distinguished team of facilitators who are eminently qualified professionals has been assembled to lead discussions in course of the workshop.