Trainers are the center piece to a memorable and successful training session. This course aims at providing trainers with the knowledge and skills required to design and deliver their training sessions. A trainer's journey on this course begins with an understanding of how adults learn, various learning styles, skills of trainers, various learning methods, activities and exercises, designing of training programs and ends with the delivery of training.
Officers, specialists, team leaders, business partners, line mangers and trainers involved in classroom and on-the-job training.
The competencies targeted in this course are
- Training design and delivery
- Non-verbal communication
- Public speaking
- Rapport building
- Listening skills
The course uses a hands-on approach. Participants will be asked to design and develop a mini training session and then deliver it while being video-taped for playback and personal development purposes.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- List various adult learning principles and their implications on the delivery of training
- Identify and develop skills required in successful trainers
- Examine training methods and determine the most appropriate for their training workshops
- Write specific Instructional Learning Objectives (ILOs)
- Apply training models in the design and delivery of training programs
- Develop blueprints for training sessions
- Plan and deliver a training session relevant to their areas of expertise