If you already have significant experience as a youth development worker, you will have spent a lot of time working with individuals and groups. During the course of your work, you will probably have had doubts about your performance and may have wondered how you could improve on what you were doing. Improvement is partly a matter of experience, but it is much the best to have a carefully directed experience, shaped by what research has shown to be effective.
In this program, you will explore what is currently understood about the most appropriate knowledge and skills required for working successfully with young people in groups.
- You will study how other people have worked in communities ,and their theories about their work.
- You will explore the theory and practice of community development.
- You will learn about community development work plans, and how to make and implement them.
- You will examine the characteristics of an effective group leader.
When you successfully complete this program, you should be able to:
- Work effectively as a member of a group.
- Take on a variety of roles in a group, including leadership and advocacy.
- Know how to develop your own skills in facilitating a group.
- Use the techniques of community development.
- Be familiar with key concepts in community development.
- Promote the participation of young women and men in community activities.
- Create effective planning strategies and develop community profiles, social community plans and personal plans.
- Recognize several useful models for analyzing human behavior and individual differences.
Who Should Attend?
- Youth program coordinators.
- Young leaders.
- Youth workers in government departments, corporations and NGOs.
- School and University teachers.
- Working with and for young people
- Community Development
- (Important terms and concepts)
- Community: not just a place
- Getting going in the community
- Laying the foundation
- Developing a community profile
- Planning your work
- Young people in their communities
- Skills, characteristics and knowledge
- The role of the community youth worker
- Leaders and leadership
- Increasing group participation
- Social planning
- Social planning activities
- Planning stages
- Practical applications of community social planning
- Networks and partnerships
|The Oberoi Tower, Business Bay, ubai - UAE
||Feb 19 - 21 Feb, 2019
|USD 1,790.00||(Covers: Course Enrollment, Training Materials, Certificates and Coffee Breaks. Fees Don't Cover Air Tickets and Accommodation.)|
Abubakr Abdalla +971567729279
Special rates for groups and youth organizations