The OSHA (Occupational Health and Safety Administration) Standards are precise, detailed and fully functional in matters of occupational health and safety. These standards have to be followed in the United States by legislation. They are, however, also widely used internationally by many major organisations because they have shown to have prevented countless work-related injuries, illnesses and deaths.
An understanding of modern health and safety is essential for the safe operation of all businesses, plants and process operations. The role of health and safety management and the role of risk assessment is an essential part of modern health and safety. The OSHA standards identify not only hazards but also the financial and moral drivers for safety management.
This highly interactive EuroMaTech OSHA training course offers insight into the causes of accidents, incidents, and disasters. Failures that lead to disaster are investigated to help develop robust systems for operational and process safety. Issues relating to occupational health are also discussed and developed within this training course and a robust model for accident causation is considered, along with the role of human failure.
Participants attending the OSHA – Occupational Health and Safety Administration Standards training course will develop the following competencies:
- Learn the principles of modern health and safety
- Identify within the OSHA Standards as well as other health and safety standards the driving forces (financial and moral issues).
- Develop an understanding of the risk assessment process
- Gain an insight into the importance of Occupational Health as well as Safety
- Learn about the causes of accidents, incidents and disaster
- Learn how to select / implement disaster prevention measures