Digital technology has revolutionized the way in which people communicate and share information – at local, national and international levels. Organizations, including government, need to understand these changes so that they can operate effectively in a dynamic media environment.
Social media is a term used to refer to online technologies and practices that are used to share opinions and information, promote discussion and build relationships.
Social media services and tools involve a combination of technology, telecommunications and some kind of social interaction. They can use a variety of different formats, for example text, pictures, video and audio.
At the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Increase organizations access to audiences and improve the accessibility of organization communication;
- Enable organizations to be more active in its relationships with clients, partners and stakeholders;
- Offer greater scope to adjust or refocus communications quickly, where necessary;
- Improve the long-term cost effectiveness of communication;
- Benefit from the credibility of non-government channels;
- Increase the speed of public feedback and input;
- Reach specific audiences on specific issues; and
- Reduce organization dependence on traditional media channels and counter inaccurate press coverage.
Who Should Attend
Press Officers, Communication Officers, Public Relations Officers and others who are responsible for publicity and media relations.
- Discussing the digital/social media options and strategies
- Introduction to Face-book pages: best practices for organizations
- Introduction to Twitter Profiles - Twitter Best Practices for organizations
- Sharing photos and Videos online – options on mobile and social media
- Blogging – how to participate in forums and blogs and how to form partnerships with social media organizations;
- Mobile Web/and marketing
- Networking: Options for knowledge and information Sharing
- Effective use of digital media for campaigns
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.