Agriculture forms the backbone of many developing countries and is the main economic activity for the rural communities. Since its modest beginnings, the agricultural sector has become increasingly complex and multi-faceted. The challenge agriculture faces today is how to feed the world population in an equitable manner while protecting the environment from irreversible negative changes. Monitoring and Evaluation tools and techniques plays a key role in ensuring Agriculture and Rural Development (ARD) projects are designed, implemented as planned to aid in ending hunger and poverty.
This course equips the participants with adequate skills to develop and manage robust MandE systems for effective management of ARD projects and programs. The learner is introduced to MandE frameworks indicators, tools and techniques for MandE for ARD.
This course is designed for researchers, project staff, development practitioners, managers and decision makers who are responsible for project, program or organization-level MandE in Agriculture and Rural Development programs.
What you will learn
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Understand monitoring and evaluation (MandE) for ARD programs
- Design ARD projects using logical framework analysis approach
- Define different ARD indicators
- Track performance indicators over the life of the project
- Evaluate ARD programs against objectives and targets
- Understand gender role in MandE in ARD programs
- Conduct impact evaluations of ARD programs
- Introduction to MandE
- Agriculture and Rural Development Policy issues
- MandE Frameworks in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Agriculture and Rural Development Indicators
- MandE System and MandE Planning in ARD
- Data Management for MandE in Agriculture and Rural Development
- Gender integration in MandE for Agriculture and Rural Development
- Performance Evaluation of Agricultural and Rural Development programs
- Impact Evaluations for Agriculture and Rural Development
- MandE Results Use and Dissemination
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.