Line managers play an important role in organisations, from the day-to-day management of people to the implementation of company policy.But the journey to becoming a line manager can be challenging, with new managers often feeling overwhelmed.
On this course, you’ll get an introduction to people management, and explore different management styles
Key Outcomes and Benefits
Learn the essential management skills that will enable you to be an effective team leader or manager:
- Understand the role and purpose of a manager.
- Define the core skills and behaviours required to manage teams effectively.
- Learn how to manage performance effectively through coaching and feedback.
- Develop skills and behaviours to communicate effectively and motivate your team.
- Set really SMART objectives.
- Overview of approaches to management
- The Line Management Role
- Getting from Managed to Managing
- Unspoken Management Responsibilities
- The core differences between manager and leader
- Management styles
- Decision Making
- Delegation and empowerment
- Versatility in managing people
- Performance management and appraisals
- Performance management skills
Effective Performance Management
- Managing peak and poor performance
- Effective team meetings
- Development reviews
- Objective setting
- Performance standards
- The employment cycle
- Influences organisational culture has on performance management
- Learning and development for individuals and teams
- Individual motivation
- Increasing your Confidence
- The Process of Change
- Dealing with Emotions
- Persuasion, Motivation and Inspiration
- Emotional intelligence
- Blame vs Effect of Behaviour
- Effective communication skills
- Handling Conflict
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Understanding team dynamics
|No 2 Oyefeso Avenue (road between Consolidated Hallmark Insurance and Fidson Ltd), Off Ikorodu road, Savoil Bus stop, Obanikoro, Lagos.
||Jul 02 - 04 Jul, 2019
Isah Sunday 08033241313, 09026713101
Discount of 5% for 2 to 4 booking, 10% for 5 plus booking
Executive Coach Olusina Lajorin