The issue with many companies today is that organisations put tremendous effort into attracting employees to their company but spend little time on retaining and developing talent. Organisations recognise that they do better business when their people are engaged, motivated, and yes, talented. Having the right people in place at the right time is a key aspect to continued growth, success, or even just stability.
This course will provide you with just what it takes to have the right people ready. It will help you to create a program that enables you to understand the whole Talent Management Process and Concept, it will help you to create methodologies to measure talent and decide how to help people grow and prepare for their own futures while supporting and growing the organisation by applying the most current research in Talent Management for our ever changing marketplaces.
Delegates will gain knowledge and skills to:
- Use the motivational tools for employee management and recognise the challenges of talent management
- Define ‘talent’ and differentiate talent management from succession planning
- Describe key factors and techniques in identifying potential high performers
- Identify appropriate recruitment and development methods for your organisation's talent management and succession planning initiatives
- Develop talent maps, career paths and remuneration strategies
- Manage your own and other key stakeholders' expectations and aspirations for the succession pool
- Evaluate the success of succession planning
Talent Management Definition
- Define talent
- Identify types of talent.
- Define skills and knowledge.
- Differentiate between talent, skill, and knowledge.
- Understanding Talent Management
- Key phases for implementing a talent management program.
- Guidelines for managing talent.
- The importance of talent management.
- Benefits of talent management.
- Compare talent management with replacement planning.
- Challenges in managing talent.
- Key elements in developing a winning talent strategy.
- Methods to determine talent for a position.
- Guidelines for drafting a good job profile.
- Questions that help you to recognize talent.
- Ways to reward employees.
- Reasons for employees leaving an organization.
- Reasons for retaining talent.
- Measures to retain talent
Creating Your High Potential Talent Pool
- Talent Management Models, Grading and Structures
- Assessment Methods and Systems - Use of Psychometric / Behavioral / Competency Frameworks
- Conducting an Effective Talent Gap Analysis
- ABC Model of Potential – Getting the Criteria Right
- Using the 9 Box Grid, and other Methods to Create Your Talent and High Potential Matrix
Strategic Succession Planning and Organisational Capability Review
- Defining Your Bench Strength
- Succession Planning and the OCR Process
- Conducting Effective Calibration Meetings
- Formulating a Strategic Talent Plan for the Organization in-line with the Business Strategy
- Communicating the Strategy to the Board and the Company
Retaining Top Talent: The Big Challenge
- Common Mistakes Made by Companies and How to Avoid Them
- Integrating compensation with Talent Management
- Twelve recommendations to keep your talented people