Oil and gas are considered among the world's most important resources. The oil and gas industry plays a critical role in driving the global economy. Petroleum itself is used for numerous products, in addition to serving as the world's primary fuel source.
The processes and systems involved in producing and distributing oil and gas are highly complex, capital-intensive and require state-of-the-art technology.
Crude oil is almost never used as produced. It is refined to make “white” products - liquefied petroleum gas (cooking gas), gasoline, kerosene, and diesel - and residual fuel oil. Worldwide, demand for white products is growing much more rapidly than that for residual fuel oil (used to generate electricity or heat).
As the oil industry faces challenges related to climate change, alternative energies, energy substitutions and adverse changes in the quality of available downstream feedstocks, it recognizes the need for managers who have a comprehensive and broad understanding of the industry, including economics, evaluation and decision-making skills and who understand the issues that face the oil and gas industries in the future.
This International Oil and Gas Business Management training course will provide a basis for functional managers and those whose experience has been limited to a particular area of the industry, to prepare for additional responsibilities by providing a broad base of knowledge covering the total spectrum of the oil and gas business and specific skills related to the evaluation of opportunities and enhanced decision-making.
What Are The Goals?
- Understand all of the value-added steps from the well to the consumer:
- Gain an understanding of the ways the oil and gas industries have organized to operate effectively and efficiently
- Learn the details of gas processing
- Learn how crude oil is processed into transportation fuels
- Understand the fundamental economic calculus of both the upstream and downstream oil and gas industries
- Develop the skills necessary to evaluate opportunities and make effective decision related to oil and gas operations