Historically, crude oil overproduction has always resulted in a global oil glut and a subsequent oil price collapse. The current cycle of low oil prices is challenging the International and National Oil Companies (IOC’s) and (NOC’s) alike, both upstream and downstream of the oil and gas supply chain. This has prompted these businesses to reinvent themselves and to abandon traditional strategic planning exercises in favor of resizing, merging, or putting projects on hold and in extreme situations project cancellation, as well as laying-off personnel.
A closer look at production activities shows that although the cost of oil production may be uneconomical, the industry still needs to continue to explore and develop oil and gas projects so as to meet future demand.
This Mini MBA in Oil and Gas and Energy Management training course provides delegates with a broader understanding of the key concerns facing the petroleum industry and furnishes them with skills and knowledge to effectively identify and tackle these issues. In depth awareness of the current advances in Oil and gas project management techniques addressing risk management, planning and scheduling approaches and project finance and economics will ensure a successful management of future Oil and Gas energy projects.
This training course will feature:
- The importance of highlighting success factors in each category of energy business models
- Effective clarification of core issues, tactics and concepts in the oil and gas sector
- The application of a wider management perspective in the global oil and gas business
- Detailed Risk Management practices in the Oil and Gas Industries
- Discussions on applications of project management in an oil and gas environment
- An understanding of how the expectation for oil and gas demand will shape the industry in the future
- Personnel sufficiently skilled and competent to comprehend and weather cycles of low oil prices
What are the Goals?
By the end of this training course, participants will be able to:
- Appreciate the important issues facing the industry and the strategies to effectively address them
- Gain a clear understanding of the companies that make up the petroleum industry
- Learn about the geopolitical issues surrounding global oil and gas supply, transportation and pricing
- Gain specific skills in budgeting finance and strategic planning whilst assessing the commercial viability of Oil and Gas Projects
- Understand the management of resource allocation (money, time, people, technology)
- Develop an understanding of how derivative markets can be utilized in risk management
- Acquire an understanding and compare various international fiscal systems
- Explain the nature and fundamental of Oil and Gas Projects and Project Management
- Function more effectively and efficiently in today’s competitive oil and gas business environment
- Evaluate the strategic challenges facing the industry and implications for their organization