This highly interactive Contractor Management training course will ensure that delegates understand how contractor management will fit in the Asset Management context - how to select the right contractor and contract type which suits your sourcing strategy and how to manage and monitor the results. Further, topics such as risk management, safety-health-environment aspects, partnerships, negotiating, people management (winning the hearts of the people) and applying contracts in a complex project environment (Turnkey contracts, Public Private Partnerships PPP) will be considered.
Delegates will have the opportunity to discuss the existing contracts used in the organization. Through a combination of formal lectures and group work, delegates will leave the course with the tools to make contracts and contract management highly effective.
This training course will highlight:
- Sourcing strategy within Asset Management
- Contract types incl. Service Level Agreements (SLA’s) and Design and Construct (D and C)
- Selecting the best contractor – procurement aspects
- Risk management and SHE
- Monitoring and managing performance with Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s)
- Negotiating the contract
- Contractor management in a project environment – Turnkey, PPP contracts
- Managing the behaviour of people to get sustainable results
- Continuous improvement aspects