Microsoft Excel is the most commonly used analytics, reporting and strategy software. This course will equip the participants with data analytical skills using Excel’s features. The participants will be taught some statistical concepts on how to get insights from data and take data driven decisions using Excel.
The participant will also acquire skills in Excel pivots and their use to summarize data in flexible ways, enabling quick exploration of data and producing valuable insights from the accumulated data. The course will also include Power BI, which is the latest and the best tool provided by Microsoft for analytics and data visualization.
Business Analytics with Excel course is highly recommended for professionals who are want to build their capacity in the field of analytics. The course is best suited for people who currently use Excel at work and will benefit from improved Excel skills for reporting, presentation and analysis.
What you will learn
By the end of the course you will be able to:
- Understand importance of business analytics in business
- Understand fundamentals of excel analytics functions and conditional formatting
- Analyze with complex datasets using pivot tables and slicers
- Solve analytical problems using tools like scenario manager, solver and goal seek
- Apply statistical tools and concepts like moving average, hypothesis testing, ANOVA and regression to data sets using Excel
- Represent your findings using charts and dashboards
- Use Microsoft Power BI
- Introduction to Business Analytics
- What is Business Analytics?
- Analysis vs Analytics
- Types of Analytics
- Areas of Analytics
- Conditional Formatting using Excel
- Custom Formatting
- Conditional Formatting
- Excel Functions
- Logical Functions
- Look up and Reference Functions
- VLOOKUP Function
- HLOOKUP Function
- MATCH Function
- INDEX and OFFSET Function
- Statistical Function
- SUMIFS Function
- COUNTIFS Function
- Analysis Data using PIVOT Tables
- Pivot Table Introduction
- Grouping in Pivot Table Introduction
- Custom Calculation
- Calculated Field and Calculated Item
- Creating a Slicer
- Dashboard in Excel
- What is a Dashboard?
- Dashboard Design
- Chart Formatting
- Interactive Dashboard with Form Controls
- Interactive Chart
- Business Analytics using Excel
- Solver Addin
- Goal Seek
- Scenario Manager
- Data Table
- Descriptive Statistics
- Statistical Analysis using Excel
- Hypothesis Testing
- Excel VBA
- VBA variables
- VBA functions
- Application Object
- Power BI
- Power Pivot
- Power View
- Power Query
- Power Map
- This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
- Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
- Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.