About the course
Stata statistical data software is a complete, integrated statistical software package that provides for data analysis, data management, and graphics. The course is aimed at researchers and other professionals who would like to strengthen their capacity using this statistical data analysis software. The training will enhance the knowledge and skills of the participants to analyse data in a fast, accurate and easier manner by using Stata software and will know how to interpret and present the results. This will also enable participants to gain experience of the practical application of the statistical analytical techniques.
The training is designed for participants who intend to learn the use of Stata for data management and data analysis. Those working in the corporate world, public sector, research institution and NGOs.
What you will learn
- Understand and appropriately use statistical terms and concepts
- Perform data analysis tasks with Stata
- Perform simple to complex data management tasks using Stata software
- Statistical tests using Stata
Introduction to Statistical Analysis
- Explain the basic steps of the research process
- Explain differences between populations and samples
- Explain differences between experimental and non-experimental research designs
- Explain differences between independent and dependent variables
Introduction to Stata
- Datasets in Stata
- Introduction to Stata commands
- Working with variables in Stata
- Basic analysis using Stata
Graphics using Stata
- Introduction to Stata GUI
- Graph command syntax
- Different types of Graphs in Stata
Statistical Tests using Stata
- One Sample T Test
- Independent Samples T Test
- Paired Samples T Test
- One-Way ANOVA
Associations in Stata
- Chi-Square test
- Pearson's Correlation
- Spearman's Rank-Order Correlation
Predictive Models using Stata
- Linear Regression
- Multiple Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Ordinal Regression
Panel Data Analysis using Stata
- Exploration of panel data
- Fixed effects model/LSDV
- Random effects model
- Choosing the appropriate model
Time Series Analysis using Stata
- Introduction to time series analysis using Stata
- Plotting a time series
- Seasonal differences
- Auto correlations
- Forecast models in Stata
- Econometric Analysis of cross-sectional data
- Econometric Analysis of panel data
- Econometric Analysis of time-series data
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more: email@example.com
The training will be conducted at Devimpact Institute Training Centre, Nairobi Kenya.
The training fee covers tuition fees, training materials, lunch and training venue. Accommodation and airport transfer are arranged for our participants upon request.