The cornerstone of any enterprise is adequate capture, storage and management of documents and records. As the volume of both paper and electronic documents and record increases exponentially, the need for their proper management also increases, together with the need to adequately retain the documents and provide for their security. The available standards in these areas are ISO 15489 and ISO 27001. As the world moves towards electronic documents and internet-based solutions the requirement for paper documents diminishes, while the need for electronic documents grows. However, electronic documents carry their own characteristics and therefore the proper adoption and implementation of Electronic Document Management System (EDMS) is of a vital importance to any enterprise, as it can make a difference between the optimization of the processes, reduction of costs or just misplaced investment.
This EuroMaTech training course covers the strategies, tools, and technologies used to capture, categorise, manage, store, preserve (archive), and deliver documents and records in support of business processes, through the adequate implementation of ISO 15489 and ISO 27001, with focus on planning, adopting and using EDMS in any enterprise.
Participants attending will develop the following competencies:
- Understand the elements of Data Life Cycle
- Learn the requirements of ISO 15489 and ISO 27001
- Define adequate document and records management architecture
- Differentiate between adequate and inadequate Electronic Document Management Systems
- Learn how to identify cyber security threats for their documentation
- Avoid the most common pitfalls of data rights management
- Understand the benefits and threats of new technologies like Cloud and Blockchain, IoT and other developed or developing technologies