Refineries extreme safety and continuous operation constriction requirements demand properly designed and executed shutdowns together with increase in efficiency with the use of latest technologies place massive importance on properly designed and executed shutdown and turnaround.
This PetroKnowledge Refinery Shutdown and Turnaround introduces the methodologies to plan execute major overhaul and upgrading in the most efficient and cost-effective way of the highly complex refinery structure.
This PetroKnowledge Refinery Shutdown and Turnaround training course emphasizes the optimization of the shutdown work structure, so assets remain reliable and efficient with minimization of the required shutdowns throughout the life cycle of the Refinery.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Use of API 571 for work identification for static equipment and other international codes for dynamic equipment
- Sizing work requirements using API 579
- Creation of the appropriate Work structures to avoid repletion and minimize personnel engagement
- Use Gantt charts to monitor execution and keep in time
- Use of CPM PERT techniques for scheduling
- Use failure mathematics to safeguard risk on planning activities
- Assess turnaround with the appropriate efficiency testing and indicators