This 5-Day PetroKnowledge IFRS for the Oil and Gas Industry training course develops an essential understanding of Oil and Gas accounting, reporting and performance measurement issues and practices.
The PetroKnowledge training course develops your ability to prepare, use and critically evaluate information on Upstream, Midstream and Downstream Oil and Gas activities, applying specialist industry knowledge and relevant analytical skills.
The PetroKnowledge training course will feature:
- Analysis and evaluation using practical case studies
- Facilitated group discussions on current issues, policies, procedures
- Real Life issues within delegates’ organizations and other oil and gas companies
By the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, delegates will learn how to:
- Develop an understanding of the accounting standards, policies and practices used by companies in the Oil and Gas industry
- Appreciate the nature and financial implications of Production Sharing Contracts and other agreements between host governments and international companies
- Examine issues and guidelines in accounting for Joint Ventures
- Identify and know how to apply international and national accounting standards most relevant to the industry
- Improve relevance and reliability of financial reports to better meet the needs of users
- Review and use publicly available information for bench-marking the business performance of companies in the industry