Many projects undertaken by organizations in the private and public sectors significantly overrun their deadline and budget. In many cases, projects produce agreed deliverables but are still not successful. Why? In the modern complex fast-moving world, there is an increasing recognition of the need to understand what value is to be realized from executing a project. Furthermore, in a global multi-skilled economy, there is an increased need for project teams to leverage modern collaboration capabilities to achieve innovative solutions.
Linked with the key decisions on how to align project outcomes with strategic objectives is the need to identify and use key performance indicators driven by appropriate metrics to control the delivery of value and ensure that a project maintains its purpose of providing the value that it was launched to achieve. Establishing project success criteria with related project metrics supports clear reporting. Dashboards that highlight key performance indicators enable senior management to make data-driven decisions that may correct and improve project work to ensure the project stays on track to deliver the expected value outcomes.
This interactive, applications-driven 5-day Project Performance Measurement and Management training course will highlight the added value to be achieved when effective control mechanisms are applied using project management techniques.
This training course will highlight:
- Discussions on project success and failure
- Exploration of the concept of value and value-driven project management
- Definition of key performance indicators, metrics and reporting dashboards
- Demonstration of techniques to control expectations through effective stakeholder management
- Examination of effective governance mechanisms to support planning, execution (change) and performance management
- Application of core planning techniques to enable management to control project scope, schedule, costs, uncertainty and quality.