Training course on Epidemiology and Biostatistics with Stata will be significant to the trainees who wish to further their studies on Epidemiology and Biostatistics. It will equip the trainees with skills necessary in the data analysis especially using stata. The course will mostly involve practical work as the trainees will always have their hand on the laptop and the stata application simultaneously.
The duration for training will be exactly 5 days after which the trainees will have the necessary skills.
The individuals who are supposed to attend the course are mostly the health professionals, biostatisticians, clinicians, physicians, researchers all from both the public and private institutions who require to apply meta-analysis.
By the end of the course the trainee should be able to:
- Know how to run their epidemiological analysis using stata
- Report appropriately the results supplied by the stata
- Understand the concepts of additivity, confounding, independence, and interaction in the context of logistical model
- Learn how to clean data, combine data files, and carry out basic data analysis
- Producing descriptive statistics, calculating confidence intervals, hypothesis testing and calculating odds ratios and relative risks
The methods for training on the use of stata in Epidemiology and Biostatistics will include use of practical exercises on use of stata, group works, tutorials, guided sessions by the instructor, and presentations among the trainees. The course instructors are well conversant with the concepts on the application of stata. In addition the instructor will provide individual assignment which will gauge the understanding of the concepts taught