Who Should Apply
Public health practitioners, epidemiologists, exposure scientists, quantitative health geographers, risk assessors, students.
On completion of this course you should be able to:
- List and illustrate the various types of healthcare information
- Gain an excellent overview of foundational principles and practical strategies
- Apply the tools necessary to facilitate movement from a paper-based to an electronic health record environment while championing the importance of managing in such an environment.
- Deploy health care information technology and leverage investments while introducing significant change.
- Develop the skills required to enhance quality of patient care through the use of health care information technology and strategy considerations.
- Stimulate discussions on how to apply concepts included in the course to real-life scenarios through case studies of organizations experiencing management-related information system challenges.
- Health Care Information
- Introduction to Health Care Information
- Health Care Data Quality
- Health Care Information Regulations, Laws, and Standards
- Health Care Information Systems
- History and Evolution of Health Care Information Systems
- Clinical Information Systems
- Federal Efforts to Enhance Quality of Patient Care through the Use of Health Information Technology
- System Acquisition
- System Implementation and Support
- Information Technology
- Technologies That Support Health Care Information Systems
- Health Care Information System Standards
- Security of Health Care Information Systems
- Senior Management IT Challenges
- Organizing Information Technology Services
- IT Alignment and Strategic Planning
- Strategy Considerations IT Governance and Management
- Management’s Role in Major IT Initiatives
- Participants should be reasonably proficient in English.
The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.