This course presents principles and practices for individuals who plan and organize events, meetings, conferences, or conventions. By gaining a clear understanding of the event planning process, developing management skills and getting familiar with the best practices in the event industry, participants will be better prepared to run their own event or conference. This course will also cover event planning tools to manage time, space, money, human resources, information, materials and problems that may arise through the event planning process.
Managers, supervisors and officers involved in the planning or management of events, exhibitions and conferences as well as managers and officers of public relations.
- Planning, organizing and leading
- Analyzing and evaluating
- Verbal communication skills
- Building rapport
- Delivering and receiving
- accurate feedback
The workshop is designed to be interactive and participatory, including various pedagogical tools to enable the participants to function effectively and efficiently in a multilateral environment. The course will be built on four pedagogical pillars: concept learning (lectures and presentations), role playing (group exercises), experience sharing (roundtable discussions) and exposure to real world problems and policy choices delegates are confronted with.
By the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Identify the types of events and conferences in order to execute a more effective plan
- Organize, assess and motivate various committees involved in managing events and conferences
- Promote their events and conferences by planning and setting a step by step promotional plan
- Explain the various functions for managing events and conferences
- Prepare and control the financial aspects of a conference
- Plan and organize different kinds of exhibitions
- Examine all activities in order to evaluate them and to follow up on the events