A training programme whose contents have been developed around six “Key Negotiation Lessons,” namely:
- Avoiding unreasonable or arbitrary positions
- Avoiding letting prejudices show through
- Avoiding negotiating by demands and ultimatums
- Presenting arguments calmly, without personalizing
- Explaining positions logically and frankly
- Recognising legitimate concerns and needs of other side.
Broad Competencies Addressed
- Ability to assess one’s central negotiating style – collaborate, compromise, defeat, withdraw or accommodate.
- Ability to assess one’s true power in any negotiation process
- Ability to concede without losing out
- Ability to employ any of the several tactics negotiators use and manage when any of the tactics are being tried by other parties
- Ability to assess a true crisis situation and not a contrived one, so as to employ the right crisis negotiating tactics at the right time.
- Laying the Groundwork
- Setting the Time and Place
- Establishing Common Ground
- Creating a Negotiation Framework
- The Negotiation Process
- Personal Preparation
- Rules for Commercial Negotiations
- Cost of Negotiated Solution
- Negotiating Concerns
- Interests, Needs and Alternatives in a Negotiation
- How to Improve Your Negotiating Results.
- Basic Negotiation Styles:
- Lose- lose
- Timing for Negotiation Advantage
- The Five Types of Power in a Negotiation Process
- How to Break an Impasse
- Managing Your Ego
- Closing with Confirmation
- Negotiating Positions
- Negotiating Interests
- Negotiating Options
- Inventing an option is not a commitment
- Negotiating Standards
- Make the negotiation a joint search for independent standards
- People Issues
- Ease and tone of communication
- Negotiation Alternatives
- Choose your ZOPA
- Establish your BATNA
- Negotiation Tactics
- Culture Sensitivity
- Negotiating with a typical European
- Negotiating with a typical American
- Negotiating with a typical African
- Negotiating with an typical Arab
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos.
||Jun 01 - 03 Jun, 2022
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony Village, Lagos., Lagos State, Nigeria
||05 - 07 Dec, 2022
Registration: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.