Officer leaves his desk while his computer is running. DG is taking a walk around, sees the computer on, tests it and finds it’s not pass-worded, gets into the email box, sends a mail to himself: “Our DG always acts stupid” and mails it to his own mail address.
DG gets to his office, opens his mail box and calls the HR Manager to read the message from the manager’s email address. The shocked HR Manager called the HOD of the manager. The shocked HOD called the manager to explain why he sent out the insult to the DG. In shock, the manager was shaking. In no time, the news had spread all over the establishment.
What the Course Teaches
- Information increasingly digital making it easy to transmit
- Information increasingly digital making it easy to copy and misuse
- Organisations struggling to keep pace with the increasingly stringent laws that protect privacy.
- Un-shredded, discarded memo that lead to security breaches
- Protection of proprietary and/or confidential data that can cause big financial losses.
- Understand and Apply Best Practices to Information Security Matters
- Importance of effective privacy and information security
- Information Security Awareness
- Consequences of information being lost or stolen
- Responsibilities of employees in protecting information
- How to Recognise What Information that Should Be Protected
- How to handle information appropriately
- Intellectual Property
- How to recognise security breaches and report them
- Technology Risk Management Guidelines
- Important data security practices when using electronic devices
- Identity theft
- Strong passwords
- Online activities
- Mobile security
- Removable devices
- Working remotely
- Protecting hidden data (metadata)
- The Laws Guiding Privacy
- Client confidentiality
- Learning from Red Flags Rule
- Collection personal information
- Suspicious documents
- Suspicious identifying information, such as a suspicious address
- Identification, detection and prevention of Red Flags
- Information Classification
- Understand why organizations classify their information
- Practice classifying information according to its level of sensitivity
- Apply best practices for handling information according to its classification level
- Information Lifecycle
- Understand the value of information to an organization
- Learn how to properly manage information throughout its lifecycle
- Apply best practices for secure information management, including secure data destruction
- The Clean Desk Principle
- Understand the importance of keeping unattended work areas clear of sensitive information
- Learn about how to properly ensure the security of documents and portable
- Apply best practices to reduce the risk of information leakage
- Physical Security
- Understand the need for organizations to ensure the security of facilities and equipment
- Learn about common work areas and how they must be protected
- Apply best practices to reduce the risk of intrusion and theft
- Changing behaviours and reducing risk
- Access Control
- Learn why organizations must control access to their networks and systems
- Understand the processes involved in granting and monitoring access
- Apply best practices to reduce the risk of unauthorized access to information.
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Dec 09 - 13 Dec, 2019
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 participants from same organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or more participants from same organization.