The course commonly known as Peace Building Institute (PBI) focuses on enhancing capacities of peace building strategic actors across Africa to effectively and sustainably respond to the current and emerging challenges and new frontiers in peace and conflict mitigation. Diverse modules and components have been developed to ensure comprehensive training and skills development given different scenarios of conflicts in the continent. This includes conflicts within transitions and post-conflict reconstructions and challenges and dilemmas that emerge.
Who Should Attend?
The course targets wide range of strategic actors – both state and non-state – and include non-governmental organizations, faith communities,, and public servants interested in deepening their understanding on conflict transformation and wishing to work in conflict settings or committed to including conflict-sensitive approaches in their programme work.
By the end of the training the learner should be able:
- To provide opportunities for peace practitioners to learn conflict transformation and peace building skills
- To identify and explore theological foundations of peace building and conflicts resolution
- To equip participants with knowledge and understanding of conflicts in Africa
- To enable participants learn and understand dilemmas and challenges that encounter post-conflict reconstruction processes
- To develop action plan and platform for sharing among participants as a follow-up strategy
- Conflicts in Africa; Historical perspectives on the entrenchment of violence.
- Understanding the concepts of peace, justice and reconciliation.
- Conflict resolution and social justice.
- The continuum of conflict resolution strategies.
- Exploration of indigenous mechanisms and third party intervention.
- Dealing with victims
- The challenges of refugees and internally displaced persons (IDP’s)
- Relief, rehabilitation and development as part of peace-building
- Democratic peace-building processes.
- Theological Foundations of Peace Building and Conflict Resolution
- Conflict Resolution and Peace building Interventions: Approaches and Skills
- After Violence: Sustainable Justice, Peace and Reconciliation
- Proficiency in use of English language
- Meet admission criteria
Teaching methodology will include introductory and participatory presentations, discussions of practical experiences and case studies, group discussions, role plays and simulations and short video clips.
|Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya
||Dec 23 - 27 Dec, 2019
Register now and get upto 50% discount