Information is the lifeblood to all organizations, without it, it would severely impacted and ultimately cease to function. Information is knowledge and knowledge are power. With an ever-changing climate of technology and threats (both technical and human), the need for trained security personnel to protect our information becomes increasingly critical evolutionary task. Information is at risk from many sources, legal, electronic, physical, internal and external to mention a few. It is paramount that security and related management personnel understand the risks, controls and countermeasures that are available to secure information and technology within an effective management framework. Furthermore, utilizing countermeasures, best practice and management techniques will mitigate electronic and physical risks and enhance protection to an organization.
This course encompasses all new developments in the field of IT security with focus on threats and risks, compliance and regulations, strategic alignment with business needs, security frameworks, architecture, effective policies and effective integration of standards and metrics.
Who Should Attend?
This advanced training course is ideal for:
- Software Developers, Project Managers and others involved with creating and or maintaining the information environment for an organization
- Business and IT Managers/Executives who need to understand the implications of security on their technology operations
- Anyone involved in the creation, maintenance, or enforcement of the organisational information security policy, practices and procedures
After completion of the course, delegates will understand:
- information security management, which can be approached from various perspectives
- corporate governance, policies and pure management issues
- the human side of information security management, focusing on issues such as security culture, awareness, training, ethics and other human-related issues
- software and hardware products
- the establishment of an information security architecture (ISA)
- information security architecture and
- risk and the assessment of the current controls, as well as the alignment of controls to meet the requirements of the Organisation.
- Cyber Threat Landscape
- Strategic Information Security Response
- Security Policy
- Risk Management
- Strategic Access Management
- Strategic Authentication Management
- Strategic Data Integrity Management
- Strategic Availability Management
- Application Lifecycle Management
- Controls and Technology – Working Together
- Business Continuity Planning (BCP)
- Incident Management and Response
- Information Security Strategic Management Summary and Lessons Learned
- The instructor led trainings are delivered using a blended learning approach and comprises of presentations, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work. Our facilitators are seasoned industry experts with years of experience, working as professional and trainers in these fields.
- All facilitation and course materials will be offered in English. The participants should be reasonably proficient in English