Striving for safety excellence must be every safety professional’s endeavor and aspiration. This “must attend” Advanced Safety Leadership course will provide you with powerful tools that with effort will enable you to make an expeditious and comprehensive difference to your workplace’s safety culture on returning to the organisation.
A combination of advanced ‘out-of-the-box’ thinking, new human applications and psychology will transform how you view and approach your future safety climate assignments. If you are committed to safety excellence and you wish to be a world class agent for safety leadership then this Advanced Course is for you!
This course will highlight:
- Safety Excellence, the ultimate (practically achievable?) objective to Zero
- Transactional, Transformational, Felt, Values-based Leadership
- Going beyond Behaviour-Based Safety (BBS)
- Organisational and Environmental Risk, Threats and Impact Perspectives
- Advanced Accident Investigations & Reporting
- Actions, Beliefs & Consequences (ABC) - Safety Management Systems (SMS)
- Plan, Do, Check, Act (PDCA) cycle for continual improvement
What are the Goals?
At the end of this course, participants will be able to:
- Apply new leadership traits that can and will make the difference
- Understand Unsafe Acts v. Unsafe Conditions, so avoiding the ‘Blame Game’
- Understand new and effective motivational and engagement techniques
Develop your safety culture to spread as a person to person ‘virus’ under three interrelated aspects:
Enhance your Safety and Risk Management leadership skills
Who is this Course for?
This Advanced PetroKnowledge Course is ideal to a wide range of professionals but will greatly benefit:
- Directors and Departmental heads
- HSE managers and advisors
- Those persons responsible for leading safety within an organisation at a global, regional or local level.
- Those seeking new concepts in aiming for zero exposure to workplace accidents, incidents, illness and injuries as well as others that are interested in developing safety leadership skills from tomorrow’s best practices.
How will this Course be Presented?
This Advanced Safety Leadership course will utilise a variety of proven highly interactive adult learning techniques to ensure maximum understanding, comprehension and retention of the information presented. This includes syndicate and individual exercises, relevant DVD and case studies and role-play exercises. A comprehensive hard and e-version of the course manual including copies of all slides, handouts and checklists will be provided.