Knowledge of Asset Management will aid to reduce maintenance costs, increase the economic life of capital equipment, reduce company liability, increase the reliability of systems and components, and reduce the number of repairs to systems and components. The course will help you learn how to develop asset renewal forecasts based on costs, age, condition, risk and service level. Finally, you will learn how to develop and maintain effective asset management accountability and direction across your organisation that will lead to ISO55000 certification if required.
Some of the Learning Objectives:
- Understand the different types of waste and waste treatment technologies (WTT)
- Identify the environmental and health effects of poor waste management
- Understand the various examples of recycling energy from waste and landfills
- Understand UK policy and legislation, enforcement and effective revenue collection methods
- Learn how to carry out a waste audit including Health and Safety related issues
- Identify career and business opportunities in Waste Management
- Understand the benefits of Asset Management and why it is important
- Describe the various risks and mitigation within Asset Management
- Review asset life cycle costing and sustainability
- Gain real life experience following a day trip to a Waste Management events in the UK
- One-on-one meeting with each participant to tailor solutions based on your needs
- Understand various Computerised Management Maintenance System (CMMS)…and Much More
Why Learn Waste Management?
Improper management of waste can cause health, environmental, legal and economic problems. Waste Management crosses many disciplines. It is of importance to civil engineers, town planners, regulators, industrial ecologists, environmentalists, political scientists, social scientists, economists and technologists. With formal training in waste and resource management, you will improve your career with opportunities in research and development, local government, private sector companies and NGOs. The course will also introduce participants to all the latest technologies and business opportunities.