Today’s oil companies are dealing with ever increasing levels of complexity and competition. The drop in the price of oil impacts negatively to the Upstream but enhances profitability of Downstream operations as Refinery margins improve with cheaper feedstock.
Furthermore, the integration of refining and petrochemicals to achieve greater efficiencies is yet another critical factor in the business. Managing integrated Upstream and Downstream with refining, petrochemicals and trading of oil require several cross-functional skills. To achieve maximum effectiveness, managers and professionals must continually expand their business knowledge and sharpen their skills.
In this PetroKnowledge certification training course on Certificate in Global Downstream Oil and Gas Operations you will study:
- Understand all the basics about crude oil, including its physical/chemical properties and composition
- Understand and discuss major refinery processes and refinery units
- Understand the flow diagrams of refineries - the basics Refinery operations, and production of naphtha, gasoline, diesel, jet fuels, and asphalt, etc.
- Optimization of refinery operations and improving profitability of Downstream operations
- The integration of refinery operations with petrochemicals operations
- The wide array Petrochemicals that use in daily life as their specialized in Heath Care Industry
- Refinery Economics and calculations of gross and net refinery margins
- Sales, marketing, distribution, storage and trading of crude oil and refined products
- Transportation, distribution logistics, pipelines, VLCC’s, FPSO’s, Floating LNG, etc.
- Crude oil and refined products pricing, benchmarks
- Price-risk management, hedging tools including Futures Contract, Forward Contract, Swaps, Options, etc.
- Future trends in Downstream operation
What are the Goals?
By the end of this PetroKnowledge certification training course, participants will learn to:
- Achieve better understanding of the Upstream and Downstream dynamics of the entire hydrocarbon value chain addition from wellhead to the burner tip.
- Boost your understanding of the fundaments of downstream business: refined product quality, blending and valuation of oil for trade, freight and netback calculation and refinery margins calculations, vessel chartering, pipelines and terminals, etc.
- Master the Total barrel economics, Oil market futures, hedging and futures, and price management considerations
- Evaluate the technical, commercial, legal, safety and environmental aspects of oil business
- Confidently discuss the technical terms, concepts and buzzwords with your peers and clients
Who is this Training Course for?
This PetroKnowledge certification training course is designed to train and improve the business knowledge of a wide range of professionals as follows:
- Business Development managers
- Corporate Planning professionals
- Geoscience and Engineering professionals
- Refinery professionals
- Supply Planners and Scheduling professionals
- Government regulators
- Law professionals
- Tax and Finance advisors
- Auditing personnel
- Compliance officers
- Equity analyst and Bankers
- Joint Venture officers
- Negotiators and Contracting professionals
- Trading professionals
How will this be Presented?
This vastly interactive PetroKnowledge certification training course on Certificate in Global Downstream Oil and Gas Operations is planned to facilitate delegate participation through a combination of group discussion, hands-on exercises, case studies, and a wide-ranging use of technical videos highlighting the Downstream petroleum refinery operations, blending of refined products to meet specifications, petrochemical operations, HSE considerations to strengthen new knowledge and skills. This will include discussion of practical issues in their organizations.
Supplementary Training Materials and Techniques include following:
- World Downstream Maps – Global and Regional, Oil Refineries, Oil Export Terminals, LNG Export and Import Plants, Renewable Energy Installed Capacity
- Hands-on Review of Downstream Sales Contracts, Sales Documents – FOB, CIF, DES Contracts, Price-Risk Management through Futures Contract, Forward Contract, SWAP, Options for Oil, Gas and Refined Products
- Technical Videos – Refinery Operations – Distillation, Hydrocracking, Reforming, Blending
- Glossary and Abbreviations in Oil and Gas Industry
- Refinery Simulator – Production of Naphtha, Gasoline, Diesel, Jet Fuels, Kerosene, Fuel Oil, Asphalt. Blending to meet specifications
- Crude Oil Benchmarks – Markets on Close, WTI, Brent, and Dubai/Oman Crude grades
- Oil and Gas Market Data Trading Simulator – New York, London, Dubai and Singapore Commodity Exchanges
Case Studies and Exercises
By sending their employees to this PetroKnowledge certification training course, the organization will gain a wider range of skills that participants gain and henceforth apply in their workspace that will directly benefits their respective companies:
- Offers a wider management perspective of global Downstream business and highlights the success factors in each category of several business models