FMM Financial Modeling Master program will provide you with the ability to create and understand financial models as one of the most valued skills in business and finance today. Microsoft Excel with Visual Basic for Application (VBA) macros programming has been the dominant vehicle used by finance and corporate professionals in the preparation and utilization of the full range of financial models and other applications. However, as a result of the so-called ‘95/5’ rule, it can be concluded that 95% of Excel users probably only use a mere 5% of the program’s power.
Most users know that they could be getting more out of Excel especially by using VBA which would result in them being able to build more flexible, dynamic and professional models. Unfortunately, this aspect of Excel and VBA often appears to be complex and intimidating.
This intensive 5-day workshop delivered by Mr. Hamed Behairy starts with basics and progresses in a logical step by step manner to the more complex and rewarding tools needed to build more robust models that save time, reduce unnecessary human errors and customize applications that would be impossible to achieve with sub-optimal models.
Every section is followed by a direct application related to the financial markets and financial issues. The course will emphasize some important financial concepts that will assist in building vigorous models. It is designed to give you the information you need without making you wade through cumbersome explanations and endless technical background. Delegates will need some basic knowledge of Excel but not of professional modeling or programming.
In addition to previous experience, delegates will have to also fulfill the following criteria:
- Completion of the Competency Assessment Instrument
- Attendance – delegates must attend all sessions of the course. Delegates who miss more than two hours of the course sessions will not be eligible to take the course exam
- Successful completion of the course assessment (examination), home assignments and reaching the passing rate of 65%.
Diploma validity period: Once granted, this diploma is valid for a lifetime.
COURSE KEY TAKEAWAYS
- Develop a thorough mastery of excel and VBA software(s) for financial modelling purposes.
- Learn the needed tools to build models that are less time and effort consuming
- Learn the best practice in modelling forecasted financial statements (Balance Sheet, Income Statement and Cash Flow Statement)
- Learn and Work with over 1 million rows of data in seconds with Power Pivot Data Mashup and Data Exploration
- Learn the way how to get from the basics of VBA to building a loan amortization table using a VBA macrÐ¾
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
All Excel Users particularly:
- Financial Analyst
- Chief Executive Officers
- Chief Financial Officers
- Portfolio managers
- Corporate accountants
- Credit analysts
- Private equity managers
- Venture capitalists
- Corporate finance analysts
- Risk managers
- Board members
- Investment bankers
- Financial government officials
- Strategic planners
- Compliance officers
- Management consultants
- Bank lending officers
- Internal auditors
- Management consultants
- Corporate Finance lawyers