The primary goal of the study course is enhancing the skills of technical team needed within Food Security Analysis, weather evaluation and also farming by giving them having a comprehension on the usage of spatial as well as Earth Observation (EO) info as something to incorporate information about climate change, farming, and food protection in an innovative and meaningful means.
- Understand the fundamental ideas of GIS as well as Remote Sensing
- Apply RS and GIS for designing implementations of big scale early warning systems
- Understand ideas and frameworks in analysis of Food Security.
- Understand ideas and primary frameworks in analysis of Climate Change.
- comprehend ideas and main concepts in Agriculture
- comprehend the connection between climate change, farming as well as food protection
- Application of GIS as well as Remote Sensing as Decision assistance application for agriculture, food security, and Climate Change.
Key Course concepts
- Introduction to food security, climate change, and Agriculture.
- GIS for food security, climate change, and Agriculture.
- Introduction to R.S and GIS ideas in climate change, Food and Agriculture security
- GIS project style and setup
- Sources of GIS information for CCAFS
GIS Software Uses
- Integration of data from various sources to GIS
- Application of handheld GPS for data collecting
- Geospatial Analysis in Agriculture and food security
- Mapping areas of climate change and food insecurity
- Remote Sensing in CCAFS
- overview of Remote sensing
- Remote sensing applications
- Satellite Image Acquisition
- Image interpretation
- Image classification
- Change detection
- The effects of climate change on Agriculture and food security
- Application of GIS in predicting Climate change
- Responding to climate change, Mitigation and Adaptation
- Impacts of climatic change on Agriculture and food availability.
- Policy Framework addressing local weather change; Kyoto protocol process and also existing local laws
GIS and Remote Sensing in Agriculture
- Grid sampling, managing zones, practical yield targets
- Remote realizing (RS) for the site-specific control.
Yield tracking and mapping
- Assessment and Analysis
- Food Security Assessment
- The application of satellite imagery for analyzing food security
- Assessing the impacts of food insecurity
- Climate change sources of uncertainty
GPS and Basic GPS skills
- Verities of GPS
- Integration of GPS field information in GIS database
- GPS setup, Capturing information from surveys
- GPS data download along with related tasks
Public Participatory GIS and Use of Mobile Phones to Collect Data
- Available methods
- Analysis of Participatory GIS
- Climate predictions used by the communities
- Applying GIS to come up with hazard-aware societies
- Use of Mobile Phones for GIS Data assortment of Assessment and Surveys