Powerful communication is the key to effective leadership. This is a five-day practical ways for workplace communication in a variety of ways that senior officials should master if they plan to succeed.
Broad Competencies Addressed
- Become more effective leader in communicating the organization’s goals and desired feedback.
- Be more skillful at applying excellent communication competencies on the job.
- Persuade and convince others in ways that obtain agreement or approval on ideas and views.
- Blend well in an environment of cultural diversity.
- Persuasiveness - ability to present ideas, influence and convince others to obtain agreement and approval on ideas negotiated.
- Become most skillful in the use of today’s communication technology tools.
- Use of English Language - ability to read, speak and write excellently in English, the official language for business.
- Defining Powerful Communication
- Communication is a Skill
- Powerful communicators and great leaders in history
- Communication Traits of Powerful Leaders
- Pulling people in with powerful messages
- A balanced use of inquiry and advocacy in communications
- Analysis of your preferred leadership communication style.
- The powerful communication potential in all of us.
- The Effectiveness of a Leader’s Communication
- On power and authority
- Effectiveness of a Leaders: character, conviction, personal examples
- Communication that generates organizational loyalty
- Communicating with motivating language
- Communicating requests: descriptive expectations, time frame, etc.
- Communicating Performance Issues: setting goals, agreeing actions, discussing feedback.
- Variety of Communication
- Skills for face-to-face
- Use of body-language
- Skills for telephone communication
- Communicating in writing.
- Formal and informal communication
- Planned communication- meetings, conferences, presentations
- Casual communication - face-to-face conversation, phone calls, emails.
- Communication Structures
- Downward communication
- Upward communication
- Lateral communication.
- A Model of Powerful Communication
- Sender planning a message
- Sender encoding the message
- Sender transmitting the message
- Receiver receiving the message
- Receiver decoding message
- Receiver responding based on understanding.
- Situational Leadership Communication
- Communication that tells/directs
- Communication that sells
- Communication that collaborates
Communication that delegates
- Communication in situations of crisis
- Intelligent delivery of bad news
- Communication clarity: speaking in specifics, speaking in generalities, speaking in ambiguities.
- Questioning and Listening Skills of a Leader
- Effective listening skills to build rapport
- Questioning techniques that aid understanding
- Overcoming the barriers to good listening and feedback
- Masterful conversations with subordinates and superiors
- Conversation and Reasoning - deductive approach and the deductive approach.
- Applying Emotional Intelligence for Communication
- Communicating with motivating language
- Use communication to create rapport and build trust
- Credible communications and communicating to be credible
- Caring communication styles
- Communications that motivate.
- Communication to Create Employee Engagement
- On-going Communications:
- What the employee gets
- What the employee gives
- Sense of belonging
- Employee perception of growth and development.
- Communications of a change leader
- Communicating as a team leader
- Discretionary communication
- Plain speaking - delivering exactly the intended message.
- Communicating to Bridge Generational Divide
- Care in the choice of colloquial language, analogies, etc.
- Keeping your subordinates informed
- Keeping your superiors informed
- Attention to gender-sensitive expressions.
- Writing Competently for Effective Communication
- Planning the writing
- Organizing thought before writing
- Researching for facts
- Word usage
- Common errors in our use of English by Nigerians
- Simplicity and conciseness
- Confused words
- Outdated expressions
- Opinion words and expressions.
- Public Speaking
- Speaking directly to listeners emotions
- Putting in the energy that enhances your message
- Communicating with precision and accuracy
- How to suspend assumptions and judgment in a conversation
- What to learn from Leaders who talk themselves into trouble.
- Today’s communication technology tools
- The internet and intranet
- Social media.
- Achieving Maintaining Organizational Excellence
- The goals of power and influence
- Right action in and around leadership
- Investing in people
- Investing in outstanding workplace tools
- Leadership coaching for high performance
- Excellence in interpersonal communication
- Reinforcement of governance values
- Spirit of fair play versus self-serving ruthlessness.
- Maintenance of Authority
- Producing results
- Transforming power into influence
- Selection of appropriate influence strategy
- Interplay of power and ethics
- Techniques of maintaining assertiveness in action
- Coaching, mentoring, sponsorship.
- Leadership in Difficult Times
- Signs of difficult economic times
- Signs of difficult political times
- Leading teams through a period of limited resources
- Radical changes in service delivery
- Issues of morale and productivity
- Opportunities for positive change.
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Opposite Divisional Police Station, Off Ikorodu Road, Anthony, Lagos.
||Jun 17 - 21 Jun, 2019
Registration: 08:30:am - 09:00:am
Class Session: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
Discount of 5% to 3-4 Participants from Same Organization.
Discount of 10% to 5 or More participants from Same Organization.