Any organisational Executives need to have access to and understand how to make high quality project portfolio decision support analytics and data visuals. Whether you work in a Project Management Office, engage in Business Development or manage a project portfolio, this course equips you with the essential knowledge and practical tools that you need to succeed in the practice of Project Portfolio Management (PPM).
This PetroKnowledge training course introduces the concept of a portfolio approach to possible future projects and investments to help reach or maintain strategy targets. The training course also considers the crucial role of risk management, including a risk management framework and sources of risk to meeting and maintaining a successful portfolio.
This PetroKnowledge training course will highlight:
- Defining the business case to get senior management approval for portfolio management
- Planning the implementation of portfolio management
- Selecting and adapt Management of Portfolio (MoP) principles, practices and techniques to suit different organisational environments
- Evaluating examples of MoP information (including documents and role descriptions)
- Analysing the solutions adopted in relation to a given scenario
What are the Goals?
The objective of the training course is to prepare students for both the MoP Foundation and Practitioner level examinations. To confirm understanding of the MoP principles, cycles, practices, techniques, roles and documentation. This will enable them to work as an informed member of a Portfolio Office or in a range of Portfolio Management.
At the end of this PetroKnowledge training course, you will learn to know and understand the:
- Scope and objectives of portfolio management and how it differs from programme and project management
- Benefits from applying portfolio management
- Context within which it operates
- Principles upon which successful portfolio management is based
- Approaches to implementation, the factors to consider in maintaining progress, and how to assess the success of portfolio management
- Purposes of the portfolio management definition and delivery cycles and their component practices, and relevant techniques applicable to each practice
- Purpose and key content of the major portfolio documents
- Scope of key portfolio management roles
Who is this Course for?
- The Portfolio Management Professional training course is aimed at those involved in a range of formal and informal portfolio management roles encompassing investment decision making, project and programme delivery, and benefits realisation.
It is relevant to all those involved in the selection and delivery of business change initiatives including:
- Members of management boards and Directors of Change
- Senior Responsible Owners (SROs)
- Portfolio, Programme, Project, Business Change, and Benefits Managers
- Business Case writers and project appraisers
- Manage or perform a PMO function
- Individuals who sponsor, manage or participate in projects