The taunt of ‘Production versus Safety’ has been with companies for many years. This barrier must be overcome. The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), is one of the world’s leading bodies in setting Health and Safety standards. As such, to be up to date and keenly proactive, these standards should be known and applied. Personnel working within these standards will improve performance and therefore make the company more profitable.
The expectation that personnel will always apply these standards because they are part of the company’s policies and procedures is optimistic. It is necessary from time to time to revisit and examine the standards in in order to both refresh and also to stimulate personnel for greater and more accurate application of the standards. This training course will review the major OSHA standards that are applicable to both high hazard plants as well as more general industrial (but widely applicable) standards.
This training course will highlight:
- The OSHA Act
- OSHA's Safety and Health Program Management Guidelines
- Process Safety Management of Highly Hazardous Chemicals standard(29 CFR 1910.119)
- Permit-required confined spaces 19 CFR 1910.146
- HazCom 2012 (29 CFR 1910.200)
At the end of this training course, you will learn to:
- Determine the effectiveness of safety management
- Support your recommendations for improvement of process safety management
- Develop safe systems of work for confined space entry
- Understand the basis of HAZOP studies
- Explain the need for review of standard operating procedures
- Analyse management of change