Data collection and monitoring and evaluation (M and E) have always been an integral part of development work. ICT tools such as mobile devices and software that allows users to create surveys, collect, manage and upload data to storage facilities in real-time, have reduced the conventional challenges associated with remote data collection and M and E. This training course comes with additional M and E and GIS modules to help participants put the skills acquired into perspective. The GIS module will help participants to work with spatial data.
This training course is suitable for anyone who is interested in learning how to collect and manage project data using mobile devices.
At the end of the course you should be able to;
- Gather data for project/programme outcomes to stakeholders using innovative Mobile data gathering tools.
- Become familiar with using ICT tools and methods to conduct data collection, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- M and E and Mobile data collection
- Introduction to common mobile-based data collection platforms
- Challenges of Mobile-Based Data Collection
- Data aggregation, storage and dissemination
- Extended data types geoid, image, and multimedia
- Design forms using a web interface
- Uploading the form to the mobile devices
- Advanced survey Authoring: XForms
- Hosting survey data: Cloud Hosting
- Hosting Survey Data: Local Server Hosting
- Configuring ODK Aggregate on a local server
- Working with Spatial data (GPS Coordinates)
This training is designed for participants who are reasonably proficient in English and understand basic ICT concepts.
This instructor-led training course is delivered using a blended learning approach, Discussion on the Choice of Platform, Integrating Mobile Data Collection tools into projects, guided sessions of practical exercise, web-based tutorials and group work.
Course Training Center: Datastat Training Center, Nairobi, Kenya