This is a programme on how all employees sure to approach retirement shortly or in a few years’ time must plan how they will confront real economic issues after their employment in the organisation. The course shows that retiring from corporate employment needs not become a calamity.
It also introduces participants to post-retirement Entrepreneurship, and they are taken through an orientation of “entrepreneurial personality” which, rather than be characterised by a propensity for risk taking, will, among other things, focus success on one thing – “opportunity focused.” They will learn several entrepreneurial logics and make them to dig deep into ideas underlying a product or service they may think of producing, prepare the ideas, get started, and keep it going with commitment.
The training will also give the participants the ways to:
- identify their talents and personal capabilities they can utilise elsewhere
- restructure their lives
- implement a new financial life plan
- if desired, start and run own businesses and become successful entrepreneurs
- invest wisely
- where needed, get new satisfying employment.
- General Work-exit Orientation
- Dimensions of Change and New beginnings - Exploring attitudes, hopes and fears
- Exploring psychological aspects to exit
- Preparedness for life after current work
- Exploring your talents and passions
- State of the economy and prospects faced post-employment
- Defining Yourself – your retirement party
- Coping with severance from corporate employment
- How long-term employees are like Migrant Birds
- Family issues – harmony or tension
- Community involvement
- Health matters – death of body organs by installments
- Political shocks and wars
- Financial Net Worth To-date
- Liquid assets
- Investment assets
- Personal “assets”
- Short-term liabilities
- Long-term liabilities.
- Choice of what to do next.
- Investments Awareness
- Types of investments currently available in Nigeria
- Guidelines and advice on selecting investment types
- Pension management - Worth by Pensions
- Worth by Life Insurance
- Savings and Fixed Deposits
- Company shares build-up
- Real estates.
- How You Can Run Your Own Business
- The Retiree’s Job Description as a Business Owner
- Planning a new business
- Business development process.
- How to Choose an Entrepreneurial Endeavour to Pursue
- The courage to take the leap
- A random walk through simple businesses suitable for retirees
- The disciplines for business success
- Preparation of a business plan
- Legal requirements for business.
- Nurturing a Business for Profitability
- Systems and structure for a retiree’s business
- Marketing knowledge and selling skills to propagate the business
- Attention to the financial health of the business – capital and cash flow.
- A sample Business Cash Flow Projection
- A sample Profit and Loss Account.
- Health and Leisure
- Ageing gracefully
- Balancing work and health
- Making alternative arrangements for Health cover
- Health guideposts
- Post-retirement stress syndromes – physiological and emotional
- Common symptoms and signs
- Medical check-ups and treatments.
- Your feeding patterns
- Nutrients the body needs
- What constitutes balanced diet in old age.
- Age-sensitive exercises
- Regularity of exercises.
- Socializing in retirement
- Significance of the family
- Community activities
- Spiritual engagements.
- Personal Habits
- Sleep pattern
- Personal hygiene.
- Managing Time in Retirement
Assuring Family Peace
- Understanding how Wills are prepared
- Setting up a Trust.
Picking a New Career - Back in the Employment Market
- Job search skills
- Finding that job – a big or a small organisation?
- Have you the personality for the job?
- Self-improvements for new career readiness
- Planning and preparing your resume
- Writing and presenting your CV
- Where they use Tests and Assessment Centre
- What makes a good interview
|5/7 Alade Lawal Street, Off Ikorodu Road,
Anthony Village, Lagos.
||May 27 - 31 May, 2019
Registration: 09:00:am - 04:00:am
Mr Abiodun Toki 08033019120
3 – 4 participants: 5% discount
5 or more participants: 10% discount