The requirement of on-time delivery each and every time is critical to businesses. Late deliveries will have considerable impact on the buying company’s performance. Expediting has a pivotal role in undertaking or coordinating a range of activities if the deliveries are to be on time. Effective Expediting is therefore directly linked to the overall success of the company’s complete supply process.
In this EuroMaTech course the importance of Effective Expediting is emphasised and techniques are provided to monitor, control and improve supplier on-time delivery. These include methods to apply pressure to suppliers to ensure they fulfil their obligations. Attendees will leave motivated and confident to positively manage delivery and other crucial aspects of supplier performance.
Participants will develop the following competencies:
- Recognise where Expediting sits within the overall procurement and supply process
- Describe the factors that determine the nature and frequency of expediting to be applied to a purchase order
- Appreciate the difference between activity and progress
- Identify what needs to be done at each step in the delivery process – from supplier’s premises to receipt at company site
- Understand the value of effective communications with many groups during the delivery period
- Assess their own expediting skills, knowledge and understanding