As higher education becomes a dynamic, global business and great national asset, the strategic management of higher education facilities becoming increasingly complex. A greater enrolment of students within higher expectation and changing needs has a major impact on how building and other fixed assets should be planned, designed and maintained. Maintenance which is deferred because of insufficient funding may result in increased safety hazards, poor service to the public, higher costs in the future and inefficient operation.
Furthermore, a major concern faced by Higher Education administrators is finding the resources necessary to renew and renovate the existing physical facilities.
Partial Course Content:
- Overview of Fixed Assets Mgt and Maintenance
- Equipment-Reducing Interruption of Services Due Breakdown and Failures
- Building and Office Safety
- Total Productive Maintenance and Maintenance Management
- The provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulation 1998
Workshop Is Designed For:
Engineers, Accountants, Maintenance, Technologists, Technical Officers and Technicians.