Vulnerabilities and lack of necessary security skills applicable to today's technology environments have reached a crisis point and therefore, in order to maintain privacy required and to facilitate efficient communication between agencies, issues of information security, interoperability, and data management must be addressed. Information Security and Data Management training equip participants with knowledge and skills on how to integrate truly effective information security and data management best practices and standards to organizations existing processes, technology assets and management.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Security Investment and Measurement
- Cyber Risk Management and Security Metrics
- Enterprise Security Governance and Planning
- Realistic Security
- Effective Incident Response
- Managing Operational Threat
- Developing a Crisis Communications Strategy
- Building an Insider Threat Program
- External Dependency Management
Who Should Attend?
This course targets employees in the information technology department, managers, and all supervisors in all departments. The course also targets new start-ups that want to learn about information security to ensure their information is protected.
Module 1: Introduction and Overview
- Significance of Information Security
Module 2: Information Security Governance
- Information security governance
- Significance of information security
- Security management programs
Module 3: Risk Management
- Introduction to information security risk management
- Information security risk assessment
- Information security risk analysis
- Mitigation of information security risk
- Continuous information security risk Monitoring
Module 4: Developing Information Security Strategy
- Importance/significance of information security strategy
- Factors to consider while developing Information security strategy
- Information security Management Responsibilities
Module 5: Policies, procedures, standards and guidelines
- Introduction and Liability
- Policy Basics
- Policy Lifecycle
- Best Practices and Guidelines
Module 6: Information security technology
- Introduction to information security technology
- Trusted vs Untrusted technologies
- Information Encryptions
Module 7: Incident management
- Introduction to Information Security incident management
- Incident management response lifecycle preparation
- Intrusion detection technologies and systems
- Security incident response
Module 8: Business continuity and disaster recovery
- Introduction to business continuity planning and disaster recovery
- Business continuity phases
- Disaster recovery
- Recovery strategies
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more.