The development communication course focuses on imparting practical skills through workshops and lectures. The workshops will impart the students with the required skills in communication tools and techniques facilitating development.
By the end of this course the participants will be able to:
- Learn about the developmental role in communications
- Understand the important aspects of the development communication theory
- Differentiate the types of communication and understand the roles they play in development
- Develop skills that will be practical in designing communication strategies to handle developmental problems such as report-writing skills and podcast creation
Who Should Attend?
This course will prove beneficial to all professionals working in the communications field whether as an internal or external staff.
Introduction to development communications
- What is development communication
- History of development communication
- Approaches and theories of development communication
- Strategies and models of development communication
- Types of communication and their roles
- Communication strategies
Role of development in communication
- Applied/Practical Components
- Development communication in health and gender
- Development communication in Activism Humanitarianism, and social change
- Development communication in ICT and open development
- Development communication in environment and sustainability
- Development communication in Inequality, Global poverty and Hunger
- Challenges of development communication
- Combating challenges of development communication
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more.