The success of a company highly depends on its suppliers and vendors. Smooth operations are attributed to the implementation of a formalized system that tracks and evaluates performance of suppliers and vendors. The goal of this course is to equip participants with the skills to develop formalized systems that ensure the evaluation of performance by suppliers and vendors
At the end of the course participants will be able to:
- documentation of tenders
- Identify risks and implementation of their management
- Understanding strategies of procurement
- Learning on best practices in relation to Broadening your knowledge of a variety of procurement strategies
- Enhance knowledge on management of contract relationships
- Learn methods of identifying and managing failures of performance
- Gain confidence to handle contract related disputes.
Who Should Attend?
This course targets project and procurement staff, engineering, operational, and maintenance personnel, and all professionals responsible for acquisition of products from suppliers and vendors.
Vendor Qualification: Developing a list of approved suppliers
- Differentiate between vendor and supplier
- Procurement goals and objective
- Involvement of end user in early supplier management
- Criteria of compiling selection of supplier
- Creating a supplier list that is approved
- Segmentation of supplier
Evaluation and Assessment of Supplier
- Supplier/vendor pre-qualification questionnaires
- Evaluation of supplier
- Quality Management systems
- Supplier assessment
- Supplier certification
- ISO certification
- Criteria of acceptance
Performance of Supplier –What to measure
- Development of objectives aligned with the goals of an institution
- Characteristics of a good performance measurement system
- Supplier performance system development
- System implementation
Performance of Supplier –Results interpretation
- Individual supplier rating
- Suppliers ranking
- Results dissemination
- Good behavior rewarding
- Recognition of supplier
- Procedures for corrective action
Breach of Contract Remedies
- Understanding the components of a breach
- Types of breaches
- Types of available remedies
- Quantum of damages
- Liquidated damages
- Equitable damages
- Court injunctions
This course is delivered by our seasoned trainers who have vast experience as expert professionals in the respective fields of practice. The course is taught through a mix of practical activities, theory, group works and case studies.
Training manuals and additional reference materials are provided to the participants.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be issued with a certificate.
We can also do this as tailor-made course to meet organization-wide needs. Contact us to find out more.