Pricing is one of the most important but least understood marketing decisions. Learn and practice concepts, techniques, and get to grips with the latest thinking on assessing and formulating pricing strategies. Analyze how firms attempt to capture value, as well as profits, in the revenues they earn
- What is the difference between tactical pricing and strategic pricing?
- What is price elasticity?
- What is segmentation and how can you use it for pricing and increasing profits?
- How does strategic pricing fit into strategic planning?
Demand Curve and Pricing
- Importance of Pricing
- Pricing Complexity
- Pricing Approaches
- Cost Based Pricing
- Competition Based Pricing
- Customer Based Pricing
- Price Elasticity
- Optimal Price
- Traditional Approaches to Pricing
- Methods to Price Your Product
- Why the Highest Price isn’t the Best Price?
- Pricing New Products
Playing the Pricing Piano or Price Discrimination
- What is Price Discrimination?
- Forms of Price Discrimination
- Product Versioning – Complements
- Product Versioning – Substitutes
- Mixed Bundling Telecommunications
- Purchase Quantity
- Buyer Identification
- Purchase Location
- Time of Purchase
- Price Differentiation
- Pricing Psychology
- Pricing experiments: Price as a quality indicator
- Price Anchoring
- Pricing experiments: The Decoy Effect
- Prospect Theory
- Price Endings
- The Pain of Paying
- Quality Perceptions, Hitting the Spot
- What is Weber’s law?
- What is comparative selling?
- What strategies are effective when pricing discounts?
- What should you consider when changing prices?