The conference theme is Advanced Automation Technologies for Next-Generation Libraries. Automation is the backbone of any system and services in modern environment, but technological enhancement makes things obsolete quickly. So to cope with these changes and user's requirement the automation solutions need to be upgraded for next generation. Many of the libraries especially in developing countries are still facing difficulties for the automation of the libraries but Open source solutions have resolved such issues up to some extent.
The National conference on "Library Automation Technologies for Next-Gen Libraries" (4 days) event is planned in such a way that participants can get a hands-on experience on most popular open source ILMS Koha and digitization solution Space. Various present and future challenges will be shared by experts from many domains of knowledge during the conference. Advance level training will be provided to a limited number of participants from various corner of the country, and the limited number of papers will be accepted for presentation and publications. Paper presentation certificate will be given to participant for their contribution.
By the end of this session, participants will be able to:
- To explore the advanced automation solutions of the libraries at present and future.
- To share the expertise on various technical challenges while handling automated libraries.
- To share the various hardware/software skills required for Next-Gen Libraries.
- To provide advanced level hands-on training on Koha ILMS and D Space.
- Digital Transformation of Information and Its Impact on Society
- Deployment of Mobile Technologies in Libraries
- Role of Social Media to Promote Library Services
- Trends On E-Publishing and Digital Archives
- Electronic Thesis and Dissertation
- Developing Specialized Databases Usage Skills for Academic Research
- Sustainable Digital Preservation for Libraries, Archives and Museums
- Hands on Training on Koha ILMS and D Space
Who Should Attend:
Librarians, Library Officers, Lecturers, ICT staff, knowledge management specialists etc in Universities, Polytechnics Colleges of Education and Special Libraries.
|NSPRI Guest House, 32/38, Barikisu Off UNILAG Rd., Onitiri, Yaba, Lagos
||Sep 01 - 04 Sep, 2020
|NGN 65,000.00||(The program fees covers tuition, Course Materials, Tea/Coffee Break, Lunch, Bag, Certificate of participation and administration)|
Dr Chris Egbu +2348023194131
Organisation sponsoring more than two staff will get 10% discount and Early Bird Registration and Payment before 31st of August 2020 Attracts 5% discount