Businesses are evolving at a rapid pace and the business of people management cannot be left in the hands of just any individual, but competent persons must be entrusted with this critical role if such entities will thrive and sustain their growing edge. Today’s business environment demands sound up-to-date knowledge and skill in applying relevant HR competence for attracting, developing productively engaging and retaining talents to drive and achieve individual and business performance and corporate survival.
This workshop is designed to give participants a broad-based scope and insight into the HR function and to enable them to appreciate the “HR big picture”, identify future trends and be equipped to function effectively in supporting business goals.
Line Managers/Executives, People new to HR and personnel whose roles might not be core HR but need good understanding of people issues to effectively deliver on their job roles will benefit tremendously from this course.
At the end of the programme, participants will:
- Understand the contribution of HR in organizations
- Learn the key activities of the Human Resource functions in business
- Evaluate their own roles and responsibilities in the context of their respective organizations
- Be equipped to add measurable value to business
- Learn how to create and improve workplace environment that inspires, energizes and produces expected results
Key Discussion Points
- HR functional responsibilities in supporting and driving business success
- Key issues in the employment process
- Employee Learning, on-boarding and assessment
- Total rewards and management (compensation and benefits)
- Making employee learning and development work for the business
- Effective performance system
- Understanding employee relations, grievance handling and disciplinary procedures
- Managing employee health, safety and environmental issues in the workplace
Line Managers/Executives, those new to HR, entrepreneurs people whose roles might not be core HR but need good understanding of people issues to effectively deliver on their job roles, members and non-members of CIPM.